The Idaho Digital Learning Academy, a statewide virtual school, has openings for part-time Online Instructors. These part-time positions work remotely and are located anywhere in the state of Idaho. The Online Instructor is responsible for providing an online environment that fosters the intellectual, emotional, motivational, and psychological aspects of online students.
- Idaho resident (preference given to applicants residing in Idaho; out-of-state applicants may still apply).
- Bachelor's Degree in Education or content area.
- Current Idaho Secondary Teaching Certificate (preference given to state-issued certificate; applicants with an interim certificate may still apply).
- Endorsement in content area.
- Classroom or online teaching experience.
- Strong interpersonal/human relations skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High level ability of operating in an online capacity.
- Organize and deliver online instruction through a Learning Management System.
- Communicate regularly with students via discussion boards, email, phone call, or video or web conferencing.
- Communicate and collaborate with parents, local school personnel, and IDLA support team members and administration.
- Grade and provide feedback on assignments.
- Submit timely reports which include bi-weekly progress reports and final grades according to the posted IDLA calendar.
- Provide support and intervention to students.
- Create instructional modifications required by a special education student's IEP or 504.
- Revise online content as directed.
- Resolve student issues with parents, local school personnel, and IDLA administration.