The Physical Therapist plans and implements individualized treatment programs for patients according to the principles and practices of physical therapy. Communicates with medical staff, referral sources, third party payers and the interdisciplinary treatment team as needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Adheres to hospital and departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program initiatives, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Evaluates and develops PT plans of care to identify needs, formulate goals and interventions to achieve stated goals. This should include frequency and duration.
- Conducts specialized tests and uses functional outcomes measures tools to objectively measure strength, ROM and function.
- Directly guides patient in exercise programs and functional training.
- Provides instructions for HEP and therapeutic activities to be continued by the patient.
- Adapts conventional physical therapy techniques as required to meet the needs of patients including family or caregiver training.
- Conducts or participates in training appropriate staff in physical therapy techniques and objectives.
- Evaluates, documents and reports on patient’s progress as required.
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate Degree in a science-based field.
- Graduate from an accredited PT program
- Must be licensed by the Louisiana State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners and in good standing in the State of Louisiana.
It is the policy of Bayou Bend Health System to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other regard as required by law.