Perform professional outpatient physical therapy services that are concerned with the restoration of function and prevention of disability following trauma or disease that may include various tests, measurements, exercises and modalities vices.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor of Science Degree or Higher in Physical Therapy;
- Graduate of a PT program approved by the American Physical Therapy Association or other educational program which the South Carolina board considers to be equivalent
- Minimum Years of Experience: None.
- Substitutable Education & Experience: None.
- Required Certifications/Licensure: Licensed in the State of South Carolina by the SC State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners.
- Provides direct physical therapy to patients upon referral by a physician, or advanced practice provider.
- Demonstrates age specific competence to provide developmentally appropriate care/treatment for the following patient population: Infant (Birth-1 year); Child (1 through 12 years); Adolescent (13 years through 17 years); Adult (18 years to 65 years); Geriatric (over 65 years).
- Evaluates patients using special physical therapy tests and measurements such as muscle testing, functional ability, range of motion, and neurological testing.
- Develops physical therapy treatment plans.
- Administers physical therapy treatments designed to relieve pain, develop or restore function and maintain maximum performance using physical means such as, but not limited to, therapeutic exercise, manual therapy and modalities.
- Documents appropriate patient treatment data, such as patient progress notes, evaluation reports and discharge summaries.