Performs patient evaluations, re-evaluations and establishes patient treatment plan based upon the referral from the physician / referral source. Documents the patients’ care and directs supportive staff regarding treatment process. Provides leadership to Physical Therapy Assistants, Students, Rehab aides and Volunteers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Reviews physician referral, patient’s condition, and medical history to determine physical therapy treatment needs.
- Performs and documents patient evaluation, re-evaluation and develops treatment and discharge plans.
- Plans and administers medically prescribed physical therapy treatments to patients.
- Plans programs involving physical agents, directs care and performs treatments for various physical activities.
- Modifies treatment goals and plan of care as appropriate. Involved in patient care conferences as appropriate.
- Instructs patient and family in treatment procedures to be continued at home.
- Responsible for overall management of patient cases including communication and coordination of care with the treatment team.
- Precepts in the direction and evaluation of clinical experience /internship of students from participating colleges or universities.
- Specialty/Major: Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy.
- Licensure/Certification Required: Licensed in State of Ohio PT/OT/AT Board.
- Licensure/Certification Preferred: CPR Certification.