- Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy.
- Current or temporary licensure in the state of West Virginia, or applicable state where services will be performed. Permanent licensure obtained within 90 days of employment.
- Obtain certification in Basic Life Support within 30 days of hire date.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides coordinated and comprehensive patient care including assessment, expected outcomes, rehabilitation interventions and evaluation within an interdisciplinary team approach.
- Applies research and proven techniques to examine, diagnose, and then prevent or treat conditions that limit the body's ability to move and function in daily life as monitored by supervision, by documentation review, and consultation with M.D.
- Carries out oversight responsibilities to ensure supervision of PTAs, Rehab Techs, students, and volunteers.
- Participates in meeting the goals and objectives of the work unit and department to ensure that the department contributes to the attainment of the hospital’s organization's goals and objectives.
- Supervision of physical therapy students and volunteers. Will provide supervision of therapy assistants in accordance with regulatory standards.
- Submits accurate charges for services rendered for patients, according to departmental policies and procedures utilizing the billing system via the patient’s EMR.