The Department of Rehabilitation Therapies at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics is looking for a Physical Therapist to administer treatment to patients with complex physical dysfunctions, disorders and/or injuries and evaluate and interpret findings. This position will primarily be assigned to the orthopedic outpatient setting.
- Provide quality patient care, evaluation, assessment and treatment appropriate for patient’s needs. Assignment will involve primarily adults in an outpatient setting.
- Evaluate and instruct patients in home treatment programs.
- Perform routine and assigned administrative tasks in an efficient manner.
- Participate in divisional quality/process improvement activities and recommend opportunities for improvement in service quality.
- Attend and participate in educational programs and provide educational experiences as assigned.
- Maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students and the public.
- Performs special projects and tasks as assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy or a Bachelor’s degree in another field and a Physical Therapy Certificate is required.
- Entry level experience in physical therapy in an outpatient setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.