The Department of Rehabilitation Therapies at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics is looking for a Senior Physical Therapist to administer treatment to patients with complex physical dysfunctions, disorders and/or injuries and evaluate and interpret findings. This position will primarily be assigned to the orthopedic outpatient setting.
- Provide quality patient care, evaluation, assessment and treatment appropriate for patients with complex or specialized needs. Assignment will involve primarily adults in an outpatient setting.
- Participate in the development of innovative clinical teaching activities to meet the learning needs of staff and students.
- Perform routine and assigned administrative tasks in an efficient manner and demonstrate innovative problem solving approaches.
- Identify opportunities, monitor and participate in quality/process improvement activities and recommend corrective actions for effectiveness.
- Performs special projects and tasks as assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy or a Bachelor’s degree in another field and a Physical Therapy Certificate is required.
- Reasonable (2+ years) experience as a Physical Therapist with a high degree of understanding and skill in one or more areas of assigned responsibility.
- Demonstrated clinical educational abilities.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a work or other professional setting.
- Demonstrated ability to function as part of a multidisciplinary team.