The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong understanding of various teaching and assessment strategies and be able to communicate this knowledge effectively to building teachers and parents. Deadlines dictate priorities and distractions are unavoidable, therefore flexibility and strong organizational skills are essential.
- Education Level - Bachelor's degree.
- Certification or Licensure - Must hold an appropriate and current Missouri Teacher Certificate.
- Experience Desired - Three years classroom teaching experience.
- Other requirements - Must successfully pass a background check that is satisfactory to the Board of Education. Excellent organizational skills, oral and written skills, time management, and computer skills.
- Acts as the responsible agent for the direct instruction of students and is knowledgeable of the subject(s) they are assigned to teach.
- Maintains clear and up-to-date written lesson plans. Able to show written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior.
- Conducts assigned activities from the administration, in conformity with the approved policies of the Board of Education, the regulations of DESE and State and Federal Law.
- Relates plans to clearly defined objectives consistent with established curriculum. Provides the experiences needed to extend students' thinking skills with a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs and interests of the students.
- Previews and has needed materials available. Increases the probability of continued student learning through greater motivation. Creates a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Makes effective use of planning time. Observes designed working hours per the job assignment and uniqueness of each assignment.