- Design and implement appropriate motor/leisure program for students with severe disabilities considering school, community and home learning environments.
- Analyze student’s learning style based upon charted progress and adapt teaching strategies and activities to meet the student’s specific motor/leisure skill needs.
- Choose age appropriate, functional, and safe activities, materials and sites for teaching.
- Follow behavioral support plans of individual students.
- Develop and follow an instructionally time efficient daily schedule for implementation of the student’s motor/leisure programs.
- Accommodate for each student’s individual communication needs.
- Follow student specific special health care procedures as trained by the school nurse.
- Maintain safe environment for students.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Missouri teaching certificate for physical educator.
- Experience with individuals with disabilities is preferred.
Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.