- Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development.
- Utilize research-based best practices in daily planning and classroom instruction.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom.
- Create a positive classroom environment for students to learn in.
- Utilize school approved curricula that reflects the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students.
- Implement school-wide culture expectations and norms.
- Communicate and meet with families regarding the academic and social-emotional growth of their child.
- Incorporate technology skills into daily classroom practice to support learning.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of non-instructional activities, as needed.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with colleagues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Active and current state of Ohio teaching license in appropriate content area.
- Bachelor's degree in education or related field.
- High level of comfort working in a growth-focused coaching environment based on frequent observations, debriefs, action planning, and progress monitoring.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to properly manage confidential information.
- Able to supervise students of various ages in different school settings (playground, cafeteria, etc.)
- Ability to pass federal and state criminal background checks.
- Experience working within an urban environment.
It is our policy to abide by all federal, state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person's race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status, veteran status (including protected veterans), marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.