ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set the overall strategy for our Para programs and define the path to the podium for individual athletes.
- Establish and implement the framework and infrastructure to support the strategy and plan for the Para programs.
- Ensure coaches are developing, supporting and inspiring each and every athlete on the team.
- Hold elite athletes and coaches accountable. Ensure all programs and athletes fully leverage the resources available to further elevate performance
- Engage with clubs and programs across the country to articulate the vision and path forward for Para skiing and snowboarding.
- Determine and oversee training and development for our coaches.
- Establish team selection criteria, and oversee application of those criteria.
COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Understands and agrees with US Ski & Snowboard’s values; Grit, Excellence, Team, Fun, Integrity.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience of participating in Para snow sports. First-hand experience of working with successful World Cup level athletes and also within development pathways preferred.
- Excellent at building relationships, being collaborative, listening, and communication skills, both verbal (including public speaking) and written.
- Extensive multi stakeholder experience preferred with a passion for developing talent at all levels.
- Must be a strategic and long-term thinker, but also must be detail and task oriented.
- An attitude and mindset for thinking outside of the box and pushing the boundaries to achieve excellence.
- Strong time management skills and works well under pressure.
U.S. Ski & Snowboard is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances.