Serve as Assistant Coach Softball for the College of DuPage Intercollegiate Sports team.
- Provide coaching leadership that is consistent with the College of DuPage mission, vision and core values.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the sport, which include but are not limited to practices and games.
- Must know and monitor all College of DuPage and NJCAA eligibility and academic progress requirements for student athletes.
- In coordination with the Office of Admission, recruit prospective student athletes from high schools following guidelines in NJCAA manual.
- Responsible for adhering to all college policies related to team budgets and over all college finance practices.
- Assist in travel and transportation arrangements and handling of funds for team travel.
- Monitor sportsmanship and conduct of student/athletes on and off field/court.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in accordance with college and athletic department policies, procedures and core values.
- Perform other duties as determined in consultation with the Athletic Director or designee.
- Attends coaches department meetings, as scheduled.
Associates degree, or a combination of education and coaching experience, equivalent to 2 years. Demonstrated knowledge of innovative and proven coaching strategies and techniques. Demonstrated leadership abilities, with a commitment to developing and maintaining a positive and productive playing environment for all team members. Proven ability to provide mentoring and leadership to student-athletes and a commitment to student-athlete welfare. Demonstrated knowledge of and adherence to NJCAA rules/requirements relevant to the conduct of an intercollegiate program. Proven ability to work effectively with diverse groups. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Excellent analytical and decision-making skills. Ability to work and/or travel a flexible schedule to include evening, weekend, or limited overnight assignments.
Must be able to work extended hours during specific sport seasons for practices, games and recruiting.
Must have a valid driver's license.
Must have or acquire any coaching certification or license required for coaching.
This position is subject to a criminal and motor vehicles background check.