Position Title: Part Time Head Baseball Coach
Position Summary: To create a team of well-rounded men who pursue whole-hearted excellence for Christ through unique educational experiences, compete with honor and integrity, and run an overall effective baseball program.
- Manage Trinity Baseball program by recruiting players, supervising support personnel, disciplining players, and dispersing scholarships (with the Athletic Director’s approval)
- Provide spiritual direction and mentorship to staff and players
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with high school coaches, media, and general public, with special emphasis to the Trinity constituency
- Represent the institution at appropriate functions such as alumni meetings, homecoming events, conference and national association meetings
- Attend all coaching staff meetings with participation in committee and other resource work
- Attend college functions such as chapel, other sporting events, and other departmental events and participate in the life of the college community
- Prepare and manage operating budget and conduct fundraising to meet team’s financial needs
- Plan and conduct appropriate practices and meetings to prepare team for intercollegiate competition
- Hire (with athletic director’s approval) and supervise all part time coaching staff
- Supervise procedures for conduct of games and schedule all contests
- Work with Sports Information Director to ensure timeliness and accuracy of reporting procedures
- Oversee planning and process of team travel arrangements
- Comply with NAIA, NCCAA, and CCAC rules and regulations.
- Work with Facility Services to ensure proper field grooming and maintenance
- Supportive of Trinity’s mission and core values, commitment to a Christian lifestyle, and character in keeping with biblical models
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Prior head coaching experience at the collegiate level preferred
- Strong interpersonal communication abilities with the ability to speak proficiently and effectively in formal public settings
- A strong knowledge of the game of baseball
Working Relationships: Reports to the Director of Athletics.
Work Schedule: Varies based on seasonal needs.
Salary: 15k from August 1sth through May 31st.