The position of Physical Education and Health Teacher performs under the supervision of the Oakridge Junior/Senior High School Principal and has responsibility for the instruction and supervision of students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Model and teach respect with an awareness of diversity and equity.
- Effectively work with and respond to people from diverse cultures or backgrounds.
- Establish clear objectives and create long- and short-range plans for instruction to meet needs, abilities and interests of students.
- Develop and carry out clear, organized, sequential lessons and learning activities suitable for students’ developmental levels and aligned with instructional objectives and Oregon standards.
- Vary and pace classroom strategies to accommodate different learning styles, actively engage students and maximize student engagement in meaningful learning.
- Implement district and state curriculum standards and ensure that instructional activities are clearly related to district/state curriculum standards.
- Plans and supervises programs in developmental physical education.
- Valid Oregon teacher’s license with applicable endorsement.
- Content knowledge in subject areas taught.
- Familiarity with state standards and curriculum frameworks.
- Knowledge and experience with differentiated instruction.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of state and federal education laws and of student and staff rights.
- Ability to exhibit professionalism and effective human relations.