- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university.
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsement for subject and level assigned or approved alternative certification program.
- ESL certification preferred.
- Candidate must have satisfactory outcome of fingerprinting background check. Non-refundable fee (approximately $50) paid by employee.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of the district curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by federal regulations, Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the diverse needs of students assigned.
- Work cooperatively with other teachers to modify curricula as needed for students with special needs (i.e., Special Education, 504, Bilingual).
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.