The Coordinator of Physical Education, Health and Wellness provides for K-8 curriculum and instructional leadership throughout the district.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- DESE certification in Physical Education and Health.
- Experience teaching Physical Education and Health.
- Ability to handle multitude of varying and complex issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to use technology effectively.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide K-8 curriculum and instructional leadership in the area of Physical Education, Health and Wellness (PEHW).
- Organize allocations, schedules, and school assignments.
- Hire, supervise and evaluate Elementary PEHW staff.
- Serve as second evaluator for Middle School PEHW staff, and sit on hiring committees.
- Provide professional development for PEHW staff through monthly meetings and other venues.
- Develop and maintain a vibrant and up-to-date curriculum.
- Develop assessments and develop systems to analyze assessment data.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget for Physical Education and Health, in conjunction with Assistant Superintendent and Principal.
- Meet regularly with district leadership team to provide district-wide curriculum leadership.