The Lead Teacher’s role holds the primary responsibility for developing and implementing the curriculum, school culture, and the success of the school’s students.
- Adapt and execute a rigorous, standards-aligned curriculum and assess students’ progress.
- Develop academically rigorous lessons, create unit plans, rubrics and assessments.
- Use data to inform instructional decisions.
- Provide students with daily feedback on mastery performance in character and academics and plan for individual learning needs.
- Demonstrate strong pedagogy.
- Work collaboratively with your school team and those across KIPP Capital Region.
- Help develop school-wide culture that best fits the needs of our students, teachers and families.
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings and communicate openly with staff.
- Develop positive rapport with students.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College or University, required.
- Valid NYS Teaching Licensure or willingness to pursue state certification, required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience as a school educator, preferably in a charter or public school environment, preferred.
- Prior experience working in schools and urban communities is preferred but not required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule outside of regular business hours.
- Aptitude to create and work within an inclusive environment that honors and supports a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives.