Under direction of the school principal and/or appropriate supervisor, initiate and implement a program of evaluation of appropriate subject area curriculum which would include a study of content, methods of instruction, and effectiveness.
- Strong commitment to realizing the school's vision and mission.
- Strong commitment to collaborative/thematic team teaching.
- Willingness to develop new, non-traditional curriculum with a Health focus and collaborate in decision-making with parents, students, community, faculty members and any other stakeholders.
- Willingness to work with a flexible time schedule.
- Strong classroom management skills.
- Ability to lead an advisory program.
- Demonstrated ability to support Special Education students in a full inclusion program and willingness to work collaboratively with Special Education teacher(s).
- Ability to deliver instruction using a hands-on, constructivist approach in a meaningful, standards-based and academically rigorous setting.
- Must understand and be willing to work within the parameters of an Aligned Instruction System, including teaching a unified curriculum.
- Record of involvement in professional organizations (such as National Middle School Association (NMSA), Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD), Children and Adult with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD), Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) etc.)
- You must complete the new hire compliance training prior to your first day of employment.
- Bilingual Preferred.