The 9-12 Health/PE Teacher effectively educates high school students in conformity with the school philosophy and policies and rules of the governing bodies.
- Serve as a teacher of record and primary instructor in Health and PE for students in Grades 9 through 12.
- Teach content area following the school's course of study or as assigned utilizing technology and varying teaching modalities.
- Plan and execute instructional lesson plans.
- Adapt and enrich the curriculum using multiple strategies and online tools in imaginative ways to actively engage students in their learning for enrichment or remediation purposes.
- Align material to standards and or create course material aligned to applicable standards.
- Motivate students to achieve their full attendance, academic, and behavioral goals, as well as other goals identified.
- Maintain a positive school environment through effective conflict resolution, collaboration, positive reinforcement, and educational leadership modeling.
- Maintain a safe classroom environment.
- Issue discipline in an orderly fashion conducive to good learning.
- Bachelor's degree in education or related field.
- Current Ohio teaching license in all relevant content areas and grade bands.
- Strong content knowledge in one more content areas.
- Strong ability to gather, analyze, and interpret student data to make sound educational decisions.
- Prior online teaching experience preferred.
- Proficiency in computer applications, including Google Docs, MS Office Suite, e-mail, and internet applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A passion for teaching and genuine care for children.
- Understanding of and ability to manage confidential information.
- Ability to work well under pressure as well as effectively prioritize and execute tasks to meet deadlines consistently.