The Teacher plans and provides for appropriate learning experiences for students. S/he provides an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of individuals to ensure success for every student.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in an applicable field for applicable level(s).
- If transferring from a teaching position from another school system in or out of state, must have received routine meets standards or above standard evaluations with no action plans for improvement.
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Plan a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the needs, interests and abilities of students.
- On a regular and consistent basis, meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Create a classroom environment that provides for student involvement in the learning process and enable each student to achieve learning objectives.
- Provide an instructional program to meet the needs of all students.
- Prepare for classes assigned, and show written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and in harmony with the goals.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects, etc. in order to communicate these objectives effectively to students.