Reporting to the School Principal, an East Wake Academy teacher is an instructional leader who helps each student grow to his or her full potential. Working in collaboration with other teachers, instructional leaders, and school administrators, the Teacher plans, organizes, and implements an appropriate and differentiated instructional program that meets the individual needs of all learners in the classroom.
What you bring to the job:
- Possess a work ethic and personal belief system that aligns with the mission and vision of East Wake Academy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to forge relationships with students, parents, colleagues, and community.
- Demonstrated organizational and technology skills.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Self-directed with the ability to work both autonomously and in teams.
- Design instruction around state standards that is rigorous and is correlated to school-wide and teacher-created learning outcomes.
- Organize classroom systems and procedures and manage student behavior to ensure all students are fully engaged.
- Demonstrate preparation and skill in working with students from diverse cultural, economic, and ability backgrounds.
- Utilize data to accommodate, differentiate, or modify curriculum.
- Research and use a variety of methods to engage students in the classroom.
- Develop assessments that measure student progress; continuously use formative and summative assessment data to refine curriculum and instructional practices.
- Evaluate student progress through the use project based learning and formative assessments.
- Assume responsibility for the progress of all students, including developing intervention plans for students who do not meet instructional goals.