- Teach skills and knowledge in physical fitness, health education and individual, dual, or team sports.
- Works cooperatively with other physical education teachers in planning a balanced physical education and health program.
- Analyzes, demonstrates and explains basic skills, concept knowledge and vocabulary strategies of sports, games, rhythms and fundamentals of body movement.
- Analyzes, diagnoses, and provides appropriate cues for physical activity performance to maximize student practice and learning on a regular basis
- Provides appropriate safety instruction and makes safety checks on equipment and gym area to ensure the overall safety of students.
- Maintains control of storage and use of school-owned property.
Maintains an auditable record of student attendance and makes daily reports of students
- absent. Takes attendance in each class period.
- Develop written lesson plans and other instructional materials and provide for an individualized group instruction, as appropriate to the classroom.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, required.
- MA Department of Education Certification required.
- 2-4 years teaching experience, preferred.
- Excellent communication skills verbal, written and interpersonal.
- Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
Lowell Community Charter Public School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws.