The Teacher plans and provides for appropriate learning experiences for students. S/he provides an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of individuals to ensure success for every student. The Teacher is also responsible for supervising students in a variety of school related settings; monitoring and evaluating student outcomes; and communicating/interacting with students, parents, staff and the community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the needs, interests and abilities of students.
- On a regular and consistent basis, meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Create a classroom environment that provides for student involvement in the learning process and enable each student to achieve learning objectives.
- Provide an instructional program to meet the needs of all students.
- Prepare for classes assigned, and show written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and in harmony with the goals.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects, etc. in order to communicate these objectives effectively to students.
- Establish learning objectives consistent with appraisal of student needs, requirements of ABSS curriculum framework and knowledge of human growth and development.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in an applicable field for applicable level(s).
- If transferring from a teaching position from another school system in or out of state, must have received routine meets standards or above standard evaluations with no action plans for improvement.
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.