The Physical Education Teacher is responsible for organizing innovative games and challenges that promote physical activity among all students at UCP of Central Florida TLA campus, grades 6-12, along with meeting the standards for high school health courses. The goal is to develop motor skills, physical development, proper exercise, and eating habits among all students through core academic content integration.
- Teaches knowledge and skills in physical fitness, health education, rhythms and dance, and individual, dual or team sports, utilizing standards-based curriculum
- Works cooperatively with other consortium physical education teachers in planning and implementing a balanced physical education program.
- Analyzes, demonstrates, and explains basic skills, knowledge and strategies of formal sports, games, rhythms, and fundamentals of body movement.
- Develops lesson plans and supplementary materials that support core content standards
- Differentiates the curriculum to the needs of each student and subgroups of students.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior to provide an orderly, productive, and safe environment in the physical education areas to ensure the overall safety of students
- Evaluates academic and social growth of students, prepares report cards.
Education and Training:
- Florida Certification in Physical Education and Health Education.
- Experience working in a school setting.