The Physical Education Teacher is responsible for organizing innovative games and challenges that promote physical activity among all students at UCP of Central Florida TLA campus, grades 6-12, along with meeting the standards for high school health courses.
- Teaches knowledge and skills in physical fitness, health education, rhythms and dance, and individual, dual or team sports, utilizing standards-based curriculum
- Works cooperatively with other consortium physical education teachers in planning and implementing a balanced physical education program.
- Analyzes, demonstrates, and explains basic skills, knowledge and strategies of formal sports, games, rhythms, and fundamentals of body movement.
- Develops lesson plans and supplementary materials that support core content standards
- Differentiates the curriculum to the needs of each student and subgroups of students.
- 1-3 Years Teaching experience (including internship).
- 1-3 years Physical Education experience.
- Preferred ESE Certification.
- Preferred experience working with students with special needs in a multi-disciplinary setting and urban education settings.