- Bachelor's degree from accredited university or college.
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements or training for subject/level assigned.
- Demonstrated competency in the core academic subject area assigned.
- Fluency in foreign language for LOTE teachers.
- Physical Education Teachers: Current automated external defibrillator (AED) certificate.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of the district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
- Assess student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established by Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Work with other members of staff in planning and implementing instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
- Plan and supervise purposeful assignments for teacher aides(s) and/or volunteer(s).
The Beaumont Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, or sex in the educational programs or activities that it operates and is an equal opportunity employer.