To promote pupils' safety, wellness, health maintenance, and physical fitness, and to provide pupils with an understanding of the relationship of a healthy body to healthy behaviors. To promote academic, social, and citizenship development through leadership and classroom supervision.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Idaho Teacher Certification in Secondary Education or Physical Education K/12.
- Highly Qualified Teacher per the standard set forth by the Nampa School District.
- Bachelor degree required in area of major study.
- Teaching or student teaching at appropriate grade level.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong background in teaching methods, developmentally appropriate classroom activities, and effective classroom management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of subject matter and effective teaching methods.
- Strong background in curriculum and the Idaho Core Standards.
- Strong background in the integration of technology with instruction.
- Ability to maintain a positive learning environment.
- Works well with students, staff, and the public.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to work under deadlines.
- Maintain confidentiality of staff and students.
To perform job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.