Reporting to the Academic Dean, the Elementary PE Teacher will be responsible for building meaningful relationships with students, implementing a Common Core-aligned curriculum, and working with their grade team to analyze data to drive instruction.
- Work with co-teacher to create and foster a culture where all students can achieve at high levels;
- Implement a Common Core-aligned curriculum through backwards lesson planning and follow school-wide protocols for developing and documenting syllabi, lesson plans, assignments, and rubrics;
- Actively participate in all meetings, collaborative planning, and professional development, including an annual summer institute;
- Track, monitor, and assume responsibility for academic progress of students;
- Analyze assessment data, and daily data including exit tickets and Do Now’s to inform instruction.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree or higher preferred;
- New York State certification in subject area preferred;
- At least two years of teaching experience with record of improving student achievement preferred;
- A desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families and community;
- Desire and ability to receive and implement feedback;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with various audiences (including colleagues, students, families).