Essential Job Functions:
- Teaches and demonstrates as required, knowledge and skills in physical fitness, health education, rhythms and dance, and individual, dual or team sports, utilizing curriculum designated by CCP Schools and other appropriate learning activities.
- Works cooperatively with other physical education teachers in planning and implementing a balanced physical education program. Collaborates with other faculty in planning and delivering instruction to the students.
- Develops lesson plans and supplementary materials compatible with the division’s basic instructional philosophy and congruent with course and SOL standards; provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student and subgroups of students.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior to provide an orderly, productive environment in the physical education areas.
- Working knowledge of the concepts, principles and methodologies of instruction.
- Working knowledge of academic curriculum for assigned classes.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of computer technology as a tool for teaching, learning, research, and communication.
- Demonstrated ability to develop instructional goals, to design and deliver instruction and to assess students’ learning.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze student needs and provide program activities consistent with those needs.
Chesterfield County Public Schools assures Equal Employment Opportunities for employees as required by Federal and State Orders and Laws.