- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in education.
- Must hold a valid teacher license in the subject and/or grade level for the state of North Carolina.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes a safe and orderly environment and a culture to empower students.
- Works collaboratively with school personnel to create a professional learning community.
- Develops goals and strategies through the school improvement plan.
- Collaborates with colleagues to mentor and support teachers to improve the effectiveness of department or grade level.
- Selects materials and develops lessons that counteract stereotypes and incorporate contributions of all cultures.
- Appreciates differences and values contributions of each student by building positive, appropriate relationships.
- Incorporates life skills: leadership, ethics, accountability, adaptability, personal productivity, personal responsibility, people skills, self-direction, and social responsibility
- Regularly assess students, both formative and summative.
- Demonstrate technology/instructional media competency in order to enhance learning.