Valley View Innovation School (VVIS) is a PK-8th grade project-based learning school powered by curiosity. VVIS features flexible and sophisticated designs unexpected in a PK-8 school, including creative and intentional deviations from traditional classroom settings and structures. This innovative setting empowers students to not just learn content, but live content.
- Colorado teaching license with an appropriate Physical Education endorsement required.
- Additional endorsement in Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education preferred, or willingness to pursue endorsement or equivalent coursework.
- K-3 teachers must provide documentation of evidence-based literacy training per CDE requirements.
- Develop lesson plans which ensure instruction is paced well, encourages students to think critically, engages all students in authentic and productive learning, and ensures smooth classroom management.
- Provide students with skills necessary to meet or exceed the Grade Level Expectations of the Colorado Academic Standards with defined sequential outcomes, authentic and engaging work, and modeled assessment expectations.
- Clearly communicate student progress and achievements throughout course work with students and parents.
- Maintain professional communications and interactions with students, parent community, and staff.
- Willingness and ability to collaborate with colleagues across content areas. Collaboration includes participating in planning meetings to develop integrated instruction and improve teaching practices, implementing a rigorous curriculum, authentic instruction, and multiple assessment strategies.
- Attend and take full advantage of professional development offered.
- Willing to undergo training in the International Baccalaureate Model.