To promote pupils' safety, wellness, health maintenance, and physical fitness, and to provide pupils with an understanding of the relationship of a healthy body to healthy behaviors. To promote academic, social, and citizenship development through leadership and classroom supervision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare for assigned classes.
- Design lessons with an appropriate level of difficulty which provide content in a logical and sequential manner.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and media consistent with the physical limitations of the classroom and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Meet and instruct assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Identify pupil needs and provide instruction appropriate to those needs.
- Analyze and interpret student data to develop and modify instructional activities.
- Follow the modifications and accommodations specified in Individual Education Plans (IEPs).
- Idaho Teaching Certificate with appropriate endorsements, such as Health K-12, Health 6-12, Physical Education K-12, Physical Education 6-12, or Physical Education/Health
- Strong background in teaching methods, developmentally appropriate classroom. activities, and effective classroom management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of health and physical education subject matter and effective teaching methods.
- Strong background in curriculum and the Idaho Core Standards.
- Strong background in the integration of technology with instruction.
- Ability to maintain a positive learning environment.