The physical education teacher is the primary instructional delivery for student health and wellness, and fitness and growth. The educator collaborates with school team members and provides strategies and supports for increasing student movement and fitness within the regular classroom.
- Demonstrate motivation and enthusiasm with a genuine passion for teaching all learners.
- Demonstrate the ability to create a student-centered classroom.
- Facilitates student's physical, cognitive and social and emotional learning through lessons designed to sequentially develop skills appropriate to their ability and confidence levels.
- Provides engaging, fun, and effective instruction that helps build a health and wellness foundation for students.
- Teaches knowledge and skills in physical fitness using the Oregon Core Standards.
- Implements Oregon Core Standards with rigor, purpose, and planning.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Valid TSPC License with a Physical Education Endorsement.