- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related subject (preferably Physical Education or Kinesiology) required. If the degree is in a related area, the teacher must have a minimum of twelve credit hours in Education.
- Three years experience in the field of human development and fitness is preferred.
- Knowledge of educating students with learning differences is preferred.
- Must have basic computer skills and technology.
- Attendance and punctuality are essential to the successful performance of this job. Because of the daily interaction with students and colleagues, it is essential that the person in this position maintains good attendance.
- instructional team member for each student, in coordination and compliance with school division head, for parent conferences, phone calls, or other appropriate directed interactions.
- Teach daily classes
- Maintain grades
- Maintain and organize equipment.
- Coordinate with Director of Athletics and Physical Education / Head Football Coach, Physical Education Coordinator and Assistant Head of Elementary Instruction, and Executive Director in developing curricula and facilitating the daily operations of the school.
- Assist with May Fest and Jumpathon, in cooperation with other administration and staff.
Shelton School is an equal opportunity employer.