CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work collaboratively with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to District requirements, including engagement in Response to Intervention, Language Proficiency Assessment Committee, Section 504 Committee, Admission, Review, and Dismissal Committee meetings.
- Develop and deliver lessons according to guidelines established by the Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative guidelines that incorporate accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
- Use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect an understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of curriculum design, implementation, evaluation, and refinement.
- Knowledge of effective instruction and evaluation methodologies.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement process.
- Skill in using technology as a learning tool in all content areas.
- Skill in engaging others in collective inquiry and problem-solving.
- Skill in collecting, analyzing, and using data to support student learning.
- Skill in communicating effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues to enhance instructional practices.