To provide instruction based on District curriculum that will allow students to reach their potential for intellectual, physical, emotional and psychological growth and maturation.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree and current valid Oregon Teaching License with appropriate grade level / subject area endorsement.
- Ability to maintain and utilize data for instructional decisions and programming.
- Ability to be a team leader and develop and maintain a structured environment.
- Ability to maintain strength of knowledge and practice in instructional skills and strategies.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of subject matter, to seek professional growth, improve classroom instruction, and to qualify for license renewal by following both state and district regulations.
- Ability to demonstrate standards of moral character and behavior to serve as an effective role model for students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and implements a program of study following state and District goals/curriculum that as much as possible meets the individual needs and development of students.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals; establishes clear objectives for all instructional units, projects and lessons to communicate these goals and objectives to students.
- Develops and maintains a classroom environment conductive to learning with the resources provided by the District.
- Establishes and clarifies acceptable standards for student behavior and demonstrates effective classroom management skills.
- Diagnoses the needs and abilities of assigned students and prescribes appropriate learning activities for each student.
- Evaluates each student's growth periodically and develops instructional plans for the future.