Provides quality instruction and implements the curriculum for assigned students; establishes, fosters, facilitates and maintains a safe and secure classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
- Teaches grade relevant, subject matter specific and mandated curriculum.
- Prepares lesson plans, instructional aids, and supplemental teaching materials.
- Assesses, documents and prepares reports such as achievement progress, grade and classroom performance, and attendance.
- Participates in student development and achievement related conferences with parents, students, counselors, teachers, principal, and/or administrators.
- Performs general instruction coordination duties such as ordering materials, attending meetings, and engaging in various forms or correspondence.
- Attends professional learning sessions and/or required conferences.
- Bachelor's degree from a Professional Standards Commission approved accredited college or university in relevant educational field required.
- Valid Professional Standards Commission approved certificate in appropriate educational field at level T-4 or above required.
- Valid Professional Standards Commission approved subject-specific endorsements required.