- Provides an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of individuals to ensure Success for Every Student.
- Supervises students in a variety of school related settings. Monitors and evaluates student outcomes.
- Communicates and interacts with students, parents, staff and community.
- Develops, selects and modifies instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of all students.
- Maintains appropriate records and follows required procedures and practices.
- Monitors appropriate use and care of equipment, materials and facilities.
- Knowledge of MCPS curriculum, techniques for integrating curriculum, MCPS policies, and effective instructional practices.
- Understanding of the teaching/learning process.
- Ability to provide instruction that reflects multiple perspectives and multicultural education.
- Ability to infuse technology into curriculum.
- Ability to work effectively with administrators, colleagues, central office and school based staff, students, parents and community.
- Excellent oral and written communication and human relations skills. 7/2008 TGPS statement was added to KSA.