A TMSA teacher has the right mindset and skill to succeed in an environment of high expectations while also being a true team player. We believe that creating a successful school requires partnership and connection with our families. The teachers demonstrate the competencies, energy and positive attitude needed to encourage and teach all students’ academic and social preparedness. TMSA teachers support the core values, vision, and mission of TMSA Charter Schools.
- Establishes a safe and orderly environment and a culture to empower students.
- Works collaboratively with school personnel to create a professional learning community.
- Develops goals and strategies through the school improvement plan.
- Collaborates with colleagues to mentor and support teachers to improve effectiveness of department or grade level.
- Selects materials and develops lessons that counteract stereotypes and incorporate contributions of all cultures.
- Appreciates differences and values contributions of each student by building positive, appropriate relationships.
- Incorporates life skills: leadership, ethics, accountability, adaptability, personal productivity, personal responsibility, people skills, self-direction, and social responsibility.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in education.
- Must hold a valid teacher license in the subject and/or grade level for the state of North Carolina.