- Must possess a valid Michigan elementary teaching certificate and meet state requirements in the area of certification.
- Must possess a JX or JQ endorsement.
- Must meet criteria for “highly qualified” status under No Child Left Behind Act.
- Must follow district and state curricula and assessment requirements.
- Must have effective rating in most recent performance evaluation (formal or informal).
- Knowledge of current curriculum trends and ability to write and develop new curricular direction in varied subject areas.
- Input/participation in building and district committee structure to develop new curricular guidelines for all ages.
It is the policy of Orchard View Schools that no person shall on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, creed or ancestry, age, disability, height, weight, or marital status be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination, in employment or any of its programs or activities.