- Bachelor's Degree.
- Valid Texas teaching certificate for subject/level assigned.
- Demonstrated competency in the core academic subject area assigned.
- Knowledge of curriculum and instruction.
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior.
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Develop and implement plans for the curriculum program assigned and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Present the subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Access and use available data to plan and implement appropriate instructional/learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect accommodation for individual needs of students assigned (i.e. gifted and talented, bilingual/ESL, 504, etc).
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers/staff to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established by Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Cooperate with other members of the staff in planning and implementing instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.