The Physical Education instructor works under the supervision of the Academic Dean and is responsible for meeting all scheduled classes and providing instruction in accordance with CECs academic philosophy, goals, and objectives.
- Upholds CECs beliefs found on the CEC website.
- Develops and administers Physical Education curriculum consistent with CECs academic philosophy, goals, and objectives.
- Develops lesson plans, instructional materials, and activities to enhance learning and to demonstrate the application of course work to everyday life.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning and modifies instructional methods accordingly.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to student and small group learning by ensuring student conduct conforms with CECs Student and Family Handbook and CEC policies.
- Bachelors degree or higher from an accredited college or university applicable to the teaching assignment.
- Endorsement on a Colorado teaching license.
- 36 semester credit hours in the core subject area.
- Passing score on a State Board of Education approved content exam (currently the ETS Praxis Series).