The classroom teacher helps students learn subject matter and/or skills in a positive atmosphere that will result in their development as responsible, respectful and independent learners. This growth and development pertains to the students’ academic, social, emotional, and physical needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Instruction reflects well-planned and effective methodology.
- Develop and implement instructional practices and strategies that include multiple methods of assessment, support student in meeting rigorous learning goals and engage and encourage learners to develop deep understanding of content areas.
- Understand how learners grow and develop, recognizing variations within and across cognitive, linguistic, social, emotional and physical areas, diversity of cultures and communities; implement and insure a developmentally appropriate, challenging and high-standards learning environment.
- Make objective, non-emotional, well-informed decisions regarding the welfare of students.
- Instruction reflects adequate and current knowledge of essential skills, literacy promotion, and technology.
- Must be eligible for or properly licensed by the Teacher Standards and Practices Commission for assignment as a teacher.
- Experience varies depending on the assignment.