Teaches elementary school students a variety of subjects to develop academic, social, and motor skills by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans and develops course study suitable for a particular grade level following curriculum guidelines of the school.
- Develops and presents specific lesson plans using a variety of means, including lectures, projects, group discussions, exhibits, field trips, audiovisual and library resources, computers and the Internet.
- Prepares assignments and tests for in-school preparation and homework. Monitors, assists, corrects, and grades student performances.
- Conducts standardized tests in accordance with school polices and state law.
- Maintains order in classroom, and administers discipline when necessary to achieve proper behavior.
- Shares, with other teachers and aides, lunchroom duties and responsibility for monitoring halls and recess periods.
- Counsels students when academic difficulties or behavioral problems arise.
- Keeps records of academic performance, attendance, and social acclimation. Reports on all aspects of student development for school records and parents; conducts parent-teacher conferences on both a regularly scheduled and as-need basis.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and one to three years related experience and/or training preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to teach moral and spiritual values to youth.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Superlative interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain materials of a highly confidential nature.