Under the direction of the school principal, is responsible for supporting the Diocese of St. Augustine in its mission to educate, evangelize and catechize youth in a Catholic school environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recognizes and supports the unique Catholic mission of the school by speaking, acting, and instructing consistent with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. The teacher may not espouse any doctrine inconsistent with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Works collaboratively with the principal to build the faith community, giving evidence of the lived Gospel values by personal example and by being an active member of a faith community.
- Maintains physical and informational security at all times, respecting confidentiality and privacy.
- Works collaboratively in a positive, friendly and professional manner.
- Adheres to all diocesan and school policies and regulations, while supporting the school’s spiritual, pastoral and educational mission.
- Demonstrates effective planning skills by preparing lesson plans designed to implement and achieve academic goals and objectives, as adopted by the school.
- Integrates Catholic religious curriculum, as articulated by the school.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must maintain Professional Educator certification in the State of Florida.
- Must have or be able to obtain within two years Basic Diocesan Ministry Certification.
- Ability to respect, promote, accommodate, and not be in conflict with the mission, moral and social teachings, doctrines and laws of the Roman Catholic faith in the way one speaks, acts and instructs.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must successfully pass the required criminal background check prior to employment and every five years; must complete Protecting God’s Children (PGC) workshop prior to employment.
Proficient in use of computer technology, including school-related software.