- To facilitate student comprehension and application of concepts, skills and behaviors that contribute to the development of mature, able and responsible member of society.
- To ensure continuous improvement in state and national performance levels to prepare students for college and careers in a global society, and at every level, performance is on-track and on-time for success.
- Plans and employs a variety of appropriate instruction/learning strategies and activities which are compatible with the physical facility but serve the needs and capabilities of the students.
- In order to provide a general environment conducive to the learning process, the teacher should be able to manage the behavior of learners in the classroom and participate in the management of student behavior in other parts of the school.
- Continually communicates to students and parents (either in writing or verbally) instructional expectations, student progress or lack of progress.
- Continually assesses the student achievement and maintains appropriate assessment and evaluation documentation for institutions and individual reporting purposes.
- Actively participates in and works with other school personnel in planning effective instructional goals, objectives, methods and curriculum.
- Participates in professional growth and development activities including staff meetings, and in-service and staff development activities as required or assigned.
- Meets the employment qualifications set forth by the Kansas City, Kansas Board of Education and the Kansas State Department of Education.
- Kansas teaching certificate in area of instructional responsibility.
- English as a Second Language endorsement preferred or be committed to obtaining that endorsement.