Example of Duties:
- Stimulate in each student a desire to learn, to promote critical thinking and to foster creativity.
- Plan lessons and units to ensure all instruction has an effective design for achieving stated objectives and outcomes.
- Organize and maintain the classroom or learning environment in an orderly manner to promote the maximum potential in each student.
- Assess students’ progress, expectations, goals, etc., for the purpose of providing an effective school program and addressing the needs of individual students.
- Monitor student activities (e.g., classroom, lunch, grounds, etc.) for the purpose of providing for the safety and welfare of the students.
- Evaluate written materials to include written assignments and tests. Analyze student progress and course curriculum.
- Inform parents of student progress. Advise parents of instructional methods that may assist student. Inform parents of school activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education.
- Must meet Arizona State Department of Education requirements in respective subjects such as: Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, Foreign Language.
- Possess a valid Arizona Teaching Certificate and a valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Proof of completion of Structured English Immersion provisional endorsement criteria.
- Any equivalent combination of training, education or experience that meets the minimum qualifications and state certification requirements will be accepted.