- Uses long and short-term planning to organize course content.
- Plans daily activities with written evidence of preparation.
- Plans for student differences; enrichment and remediation opportunity provided.
- Provides for a high degree of pupil participation; uses challenging questions and interesting discussion.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior; distractions seldom interfere with instructional environment.
- Classroom rules/procedures clearly stated, consistently enforced, and well understood by all students.
- States lesson objectives clearly.
- Employs varied approaches in presenting lessons.
- Summarizes the lesson and actively involves students in its closure when possible.
- Makes appropriate decisions.
- Willingly helps individual students.
- Consistently has accurate grades, records, reports, and plans.
- Is punctual to school and classes; meets schedules or deadlines for grades, reports, etc.
- Sets good example in written and oral communication.
- Poised and self-confident; maintains composure under stress.
- Is dependable in performing duties and assignments.