- Washington State Teacher Certification with appropriate endorsement.
- Successful teaching experience.
- Knowledge of subject matter in classroom instruction.
- Successful Washington State Patrol and Federal Bureau of Investigation Fingerprint clearance.
Job Expectations & Responsibilities:
- Manage student behavior to provide a safe and optimal learning environment.
- Motivate students, communicate with individuals from varied education and cultural backgrounds, directly support personnel, and evaluate performance.
- Assess student’s skills to provide feedback to students, parents/guardians and administration regarding student’s progress, expectations, goals, etc.
- Collaborate with school personnel, parents/guardians, and various community agencies to improve the quality of student outcomes, develop solutions and plan curriculum.
- Demonstrate methods to perform tasks safely and/or accurately.
- Prepare teaching materials and reports (e.g., grades, attendance, records, etc.) implement lesson plans and provide documentation of student progress.
- Report incidents (e.g., suspected child abuse, suspected substance abuse, etc.) to maintain personal safety of students, provide a positive learning environment and adhere to educational code, district and/or school policies.
- Work with support staff to monitor and assess student behavior and progress.
The District will provide equal educational opportunity for all students in all aspects of the academic and activities program without discrimination based on race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, honorably-discharged veteran or military status, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, marital status, the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability.