The secondary teacher is responsible for ensuring that every student is academically and socially ready for college or career and to equip all students with knowledge, skills, and motivation that empowers them to direct their lives and become confident, critical thinkers who will contribute to a changing global community.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide students with effective instruction in the various academic areas; use the Danielson Rubric; differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all students; incorporate the Tripod 7 Cs (challenge, control, consolidate, confer, captivate, clarify and care) into daily practice
- Teach the required curriculum and administer common assessments; effectively maintain and monitor on-going student progress.
- Provide students with effective instruction/modeling/interventions in the various behavioral areas.
- Develop detailed, accurate and concise lesson plans for each subject area; plan and provide appropriate educational supplemental activities to meet both group and individual needs of all children within the classroom, including students with special needs.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Current appropriate Michigan teaching certification.
The Grand Rapids Public Schools will not discriminate against any person based on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, height, weight, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability or veteran status.